Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The way the French cook their onions!
- Makes 8 to 12 servings.
- 3 – 4 dozen white pearl onions, peeled
- 1½ cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1¼ cups sultana raisins
- ¼ cup white raisins
- Put onions in skillet with wine, vinegar, salt, pepper, and lemon slices.
- Simmer until onions are just tender but still crisp in the center.
- Stir in tomato paste and raisins and cook for several minutes.
- Remove the onions to a dish.
- Let the juices cook down with the raisins until the liquid is almost a glaze.
- Pour over the onions and chill.
- Serve as an hors-d'oeuvre or with cold meat.