Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe submitted by: cfish3241 at dLife
- Source: Quick and Easy Low-Carb Cooking by Nancy Hughes
- 1 x 10-ounce frozen bag chopped spinach, thaw and squeeze dry
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese (If possible, use small curd cottage cheese)
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 x 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drain and chop
- 3 medium yellow onions, chop
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat the broiler.
- Mix the spinach, cottage cheese, egg substitute, oregano, salt, and cayenne in a bowl.
- Add in the artichokes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray with cooking spray and cook the onions for 6 minutes, stir often.
- Add in the artichoke mixture and decrease the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Evenly spread the cheese on top and broil 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the broiler and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Edit
- Calories: 134 | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 14g | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Fiber: 3g | Sodium: 654mg
- Dietary Exchange: 2 vegetable | 1 medium fat meat