Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe submitted by: cfish3241 at dLife
- Source: Quick and Easy Low-Carb Cooking by Nancy Hughes
- 1 x 10-ounce frozen bag chopped spinach, thaw and squeeze dry
- ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese (If possible, use small curd cottage cheese)
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 x 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drain and chop
- 3 medium yellow onions, chop
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat the broiler.
- Mix the spinach, cottage cheese, egg substitute, oregano, salt, and cayenne in a bowl.
- Add in the artichokes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray with cooking spray and cook the onions for 6 minutes, stir often.
- Add in the artichoke mixture and decrease the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Evenly spread the cheese on top and broil 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the broiler and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Edit
- Calories: 134 | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 14g | Total Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Fiber: 3g | Sodium: 654mg
- Dietary Exchange: 2 vegetable | 1 medium fat meat