Onion rings are a type of fast food commonly found in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and other places.
- Onion Rings from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- 5 medium white onions, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 2 cups powdered pancake mix
- parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Separate the sliced onions into rings.
- Combine milk, eggs and salt to taste in mixing bowl.
- Soak onion rings in mixture 30 minutes.
- Place pancake mix in shallow bowl. Add baking soda.
- Remove onion rings from milk mixture then dip in pancake mix.
- Deep-fry rings in 375 °F (190 °C) oil until golden brown.
- Drain fried onion rings on paper towels.
- Pack fried onion rings loosely, without pressing, into 8" x 4" loaf pan.
- Bake in a 400 °F (200 °C) oven for 10–15 minutes.
- Turn onto serving plate and garnish with parsley.