Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Onion rings are a type of fast food commonly found in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and other places.
- Onion Rings from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- 5 medium white onions, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 2 cups powdered pancake mix
- parsley sprigs, for garnish
- Separate the sliced onions into rings.
- Combine milk, eggs and salt to taste in mixing bowl.
- Soak onion rings in mixture 30 minutes.
- Place pancake mix in shallow bowl. Add baking soda.
- Remove onion rings from milk mixture then dip in pancake mix.
- Deep-fry rings in 375 °F (190 °C) oil until golden brown.
- Drain fried onion rings on paper towels.
- Pack fried onion rings loosely, without pressing, into 8" x 4" loaf pan.
- Bake in a 400 °F (200 °C) oven for 10–15 minutes.
- Turn onto serving plate and garnish with parsley.