- 2 lbs. small to medium-sized yellow onions, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
1. Place onions in feed tube of food processor and slice, using very light pressure on pusher.
2. Combine all ingredients in skillet with tight-fitting lid and cook over medium heat. Using timer, stir onions every 10 minutes, or until deep golden brown and very soft, about 45 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
3. To serve, try topping 1 cup soft polenta with 1/2 cup confit and crumbled Gorgonzola; topping 1/4 seasoned roasted Eggplant with 2 ounces goat Cheese and 1/2 cup confit; or filling 8-inch tart shell with 2 cups confit, 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese and tomato slices.