Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Huey Estate in Richardson, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup finely chopped white onion
- 1½ teaspoons caraway seeds
- ¼ cup bacon fat
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup light molasses
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Spray muffin pan well with non-cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large frying pant sauté onion and caraway seeds in bacon fat until golden then cool down.
- In a large bowl combine egg, molasses and milk and combine well.
- In another bowl combine well flours, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and fold together gently until just mixed.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake at 400°F for 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool.