Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Its very easy to prepare and takes no time. It can be served with any meal. Very Tasty. This recipe yields 1 pound pickled okra.
- 1 lb okra halved lengthwise
- 6 tbl kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbl Sugar
- 10 x black peppercorns
- 1 tbl mustard seeds
- 1/2 lb Thinly-sliced onions
- Toss the okra with 3 tablespoons kosher salt and let it sit in a colander for 1 hour over the sink to drain.
- Combine the vinegar, water, remaining salt, Sugar, peppercorns, and mustard seeds in a non-reactive pot.
- When the okra has drained for 1 hour, rinse it thoroughly and let it drain.
- Bring the liquid mixture (brine) to a boil, and boil for 2 minutes.
- Place the okra and the onions in a non-reactive storage container, and pour the hot liquid over it.
- Stir occasionally until it cools, and refrigerate overnight.