Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
Mexican Tomato Sauce Edit
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes peeled seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy skillet over moderate heat and fry tortillas until limp.
- Drain on paper towels and place two tortillas side by side on each plate.
- Fry eggs in butter for 2 minutes.
- Place 2 eggs on top of each tortilla and top with tomato sauce.
- To make sauce heat oil in a saucepan and fry onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook over low heat for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.