Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes two 8-inch diameter, 11-ounce loaves.
- 1½ cup brown rice flour (see note)
- 1½ teaspoon granular yeast
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1¼ cup warm water (110 degrees)
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oil-cured black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary, or to taste
- 1 egg yolk mixed with ½ teaspoon water
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled, cut in 3 pieces
- ½ cup corn flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon xanthan gum powder
- 1 to 1½ teaspoons salt
- Stir together ½ cup of the rice flour, the yeast, sugar and ½ cup of the warm water in a 2-cup glass measure.
- Let rest in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 10 minutes.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and draw two 8 inch circles on it (use a cake pan as a guide).
- Beat egg whites lightly, add olive oil, chopped and 2 teaspoons of the rosemary; set aside.
- Combine garlic and egg yolk; set aside. (garlic will perfume the glaze but won't burn in the oven, as chopped garlic would)
- Combine remaining 1 cup rice flour, the corn flour, corn- starch, xanthan gum powder and salt in bowl.
- Add remaining ¾ cup warm water to egg white-olive mixture a stir into flour.
- Stir in yeast mixture and beat until smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread soft dough into 8-inch circles marked on the parchment paper heaping it up slightly in the middle.
- Cover loaves with lightly greased plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Discard garlic and brush egg glaze over loaves.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining 2 teaspoons rosemary.
- Using a razor blade, slash tops of loaves into a large diamond grid pattern. (use an up-and-down cutting motion rather than dragging the blade through the soft dough)
- Bake for 20 minutes, until well browned.