Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 6 kumquats, cut into halves
- 2/3 Cup plus
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 6 Ounces blanched almonds, lightly toasted
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1 mango, peeled and finely diced
- Combine kumquats and olive oil in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer, cook gently for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Strain, pressing out juices, discard fruit.
- Set aside citrus-infused oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Put orange and lemon in small saucepan with water to cover.
- Simmer 30 minutes, drain and cool.
- Cut off stem ends of lemon, cut in half, scoop out pulp and seeds, and finely chop the rind.
- Finely chop the whole orange, combine with lemon rind.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Reserve.
- Chop almonds in food processor until they resemble fine bread crumbs.
- With an electric mixer, beat eggs until very light lemon colored and thick.
- Continue beating, gradually adding Sugar.
- Sift together flour and baking powder. Stir in egg mixture.
- Gently fold in reserved rind, nuts, mango and citrus-infused olive oil.
- Pour batter into lightly oiled 9-inch spring-form pan, bake at 350 F. for 1 hour or until the tip of a knife gently inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on rack, remove sides of pan.
- Garnish with fresh citrus fruit if desired.