This tangy, rich marinade starts with real olives, olive oil, and herbs and keeps a mild, light flavor. Bay leaves occasionally work for this, too.
- 6 oz. canned, black pitted olives, drained, then chopped if desired
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped oregano and basil or (5 tbsp. Italian seasoning)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Combine all ingredients in a container with a tight, fitting lid.
- Cover, then shake to coat. Pour, spoon, or funnel contents into a fresh container.
- Refrigerate 2 hours, then serve at room temperature.