The Olive Garden is known for their creamy chicken and gnocchi soup. This is a rich soup that you can make a full meal from this soup alone. This soup features roasted chicken, potato gnocchi, carrots, celery, and spinach. Soup warms the soul, and this soup is no exception. It is not likely that you will have any soup left over when you make this tasty soup.
- Check Out More Restaurant Recipes at Restaurant Secret Recipes
- 1 cup chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart half and half
- 1 x 14 ounce can chicken broth
- ½ cup celery, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese - optional
- 1 pound potato gnocchi
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the butter, when the onion becomes translucent, add the flour, and make a roux, let the butter and flour mixture cook for about a minute before adding 1 quart of half and half.
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- Into the roux add in the carrots, celery, and chicken. Once the mixture becomes thick add the chicken broth. Once the mixture thickens again, add the cooked gnocchi, spinach, and seasonings.