Wrap an-out-of-the-ordinary egg salad in a garlic tortilla, and you've got a tasty meal in ten minutes flat. It's a good idea to keep hard-cooked eggs in the fridge as meal builders or high protein, low-carb snacks.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Recipe makes four servings
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped or grated
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 8 garlic and herb tortillas
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- Mix eggs, mayonnaise, olive oil, black olives, sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Warm tortillas between damp paper towels in microwave.
- Spread egg mixture on tortillas, leaving a ½-inch border.
- Top with arugula leaves.
- Roll up tortillas.
Nutritional information Edit
- Carbohydrates: 26 grams | Carbs: 8g | Fiber: 18g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 30.5g | Calories: 405