Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 and 1/2 lbs. of baking potatoes
- 2 packages of dry yeast
- 3 Tbsp. warm water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 and 3/4 to 4 cups of flour
- Boil potatoes until tender, peel and mash while they are warm.
- Stir yeast in warm water, let stand 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl beat potatoes, yeast, oil, flour and salt for 3 minutes. Add up to 1 tablespoon of water to form a ball.
- Knead by hand floured for 5 minutes.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic, allow to rise in a draft-free place for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Cut dough in half, shape into 2 round loaves, slit the tops.
- Heavily flour and cornmeal a cookie sheet, place loaves side by side. Rise until double( about 45 minutes).
- About 30 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Lower heat to 400 degrees, bake from 35–40 minutes.
- Mist with water 3 times in the first 10 minutes of baking. Cool