Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Old Fashioned cocktail is a pre-Prohibition American cocktail.
Old Fashioned from the Wikibooks Bartending Guide—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Place sugar in glass; add water (~1 tsp) to dissolve.
- Muddle in bitters and orange slice.
- Fill with ice, add whiskey.
- Garnish with cherry.
- The amount of whiskey may be increased
- The Brandy Old Fashioned is popular in some areas, and a rum analogue can be made as well
- This drink is often served essentially as a highball, but this practice is frowned upon by experts