Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Monroe Estate in Stephenville, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups lima beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ripe tomatoes peeled diced and drained
- 2 cups okra cut up
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat
- 3 cups white corn
- Wash beans in cold water then place in a 2-quart pot and cover with water.
- Add salt.
- Let limas cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, okra and butter then stir in the corn and cook slowly for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for 20 minutes before serving.