This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Monroe Estate in Stephenville, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups lima beans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ripe tomatoes peeled diced and drained
- 2 cups okra cut up
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat
- 3 cups white corn
- Wash beans in cold water then place in a 2-quart pot and cover with water.
- Add salt.
- Let limas cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, okra and butter then stir in the corn and cook slowly for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for 20 minutes before serving.