Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from Zimmerman Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1989. This recipe indicates it was received from Ms. Tibbenham’s Sunday School class. Dated 1938.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup molasses
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- your favorite 9” pie shell, preferably home made
- ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine ¼ cup flour, corn syrup, molasses, eggs and baking soda.
- Mix well and pour into the pie shell.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 cup flour, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir until crumbly then sprinkle evenly over the corn syrup mixture.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Serve warm.