Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 ounce can drained, sliced pineapple
- 9 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites (room temperature)
- Cream the butter and gradually add brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Spread creamed mixture evenly into a 9 inch cast iron skillet.
- Arrange pineapple and cherries evenly over mixture.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- Gradually add Sugar, beating well.
- Combine flour and salt then add to yolk mixture alternating with water and stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Spoon batter evenly over pineapple slices in skillet.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes in pan and invert cake onto serving platter.