Peanut & Pecan Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Yield: 1 cup smooth or 1½ cups chunky peanut butter.
- 2 cups roasted peanuts (with or without red skins)
- ½ tsp salt (omit if salted peanuts are used)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Place ingredients in food processor.
- Using the metal blade, process ingredients continuously for 2 or 3 minutes.
- The ground peanuts will form a ball, which will slowly disappear.
- Stop machine.
- Scrape the sides of the container with a rubber spatula.
- Continue to process until the desired smoothness is obtained.
- For chunky style peanut butter, stir in ½ cup chopped peanuts after the processing is complete.
- Peanuts with red skins may be used, but do not confuse skins with outer shells! The resulting red flecks do not affect the flavor.