Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Goose Frozen Whole by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced onion
- goose giblets, neck, and carcass
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 x 1-pound can tomatoes
- 1 cup barley
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Melt butter in soup pot. Saute onion until limp, but not browned.
- Add giblets, neck, carcass, water, salt, and celery salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1 hour.
- Remove loose meat and bones with a slotted spoon. Cut meat from neck and carcass and finely chop giblets; return meat to soup pot.
- Add tomatoes, barley, beef broth cube, and thyme.
- Return soup to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 additional hour.