Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 8
- 3 lbs small white onions
- ⅓ cup margarine
- 8 oz medium mushrooms, halved (2 cups)
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tbsp dry sherry (optional)
- 1 tbsp salt
- ¼ tbsp paprika
- ¼ tbsp pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- In large pan, over high heat, bring onions and enough water to cover to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer covered 30 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet over medium heat, melt margarine; add mushrooms.
- Cook about 5 minutes.
- Stir occasionally until tender and lightly browned.
- With slotted spoon, remove mushrooms to bowl.
- Stir flour into drippings remaining in skillet until well mixed; over medium low heat, gradually stir in milk.
- Cook, stirring frequently until thickened and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sherry, salt paprika and pepper.
- Drain onions.
- Slip off skins.
- Add to skillet along with mushrooms.
- Over low heat, cook about 5 minutes.
- Stir constantly until vegetables are heated through and coated with sauce.