Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a very old recipe for cracker stuffing which is very good indeed. It's goodness comes from onions and shallots and mushrooms and garlic and herbs.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: With Love from Darling's Kitchen
- 9 cups crushed soda crackers (about 12 oz)
- 1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 shallots, minced
- ½ lb mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning or more to taste
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 3 cans (10½ oz each) chicken broth (use only as much as needed to hold stuffing together)
- In a large bowl, place crackers and melted butter and toss crackers until they are evenly coated.
- In a skillet, saute together the next 7 ingredients until vegetables are soft.
- Add seasonings and parsley and cook and stir for another few minutes.
- Place vegetables in bowl with the crackers and toss and turn until blended.
- Now, add the eggs and broth until the stuffing holds together.
- Stuffing should not get mushy or stay too dry.
- Makes enough stuffing for a 15 pound turkey.
- Note: this stuffing can be backed separately in a buttered porcelain baker, in a 350°F oven for about 40 – 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned.