Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This old fashioned chicken noodle soup will help bring comfort to your mind and body. We all know that properly prepared soups are beneficial:
They can be eaten for lunch or dinner
They're low in fat and cholesterol
They're warm and satisfying
They'll fill you up without a lot of calories
The benefits of soup are overwhelming. Go ahead and give this chicken noodle soup recipe a taste test and you'll be pleasantly surprised.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 12 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 3 parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 x 8 ounces egg noodles
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Start by preparing your vegetables.
- Dice your onions, finely chop your celery and parsley and thinly slice your carrots and parsnips.
- Remove the skin from the chicken breast and place them in a dutch oven.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Skim away any foam that appears.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook chicken thoroughly.
- Once chicken is done remove from broth and allow to cool before cutting.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Skim the fat from the broth once the chicken is removed.
- Bring your broth back to a boil and add onions, carrots, celery, parsnips and bouillon cubes.
- Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Once vegetables are tender, add egg noodles and cook until they are done.
- Finally, add your bite sized pieces of chicken and parsley and allow to simmer enough to heat the meat.
- Your finally step is to season your soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup in warm soup bowls with cheese toast.