Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This a soft and light cookie - very easy to make. Use a mixer to mix them. They won't be as fluffy if mixed/stirred by hand. The buttermilk and cinnamon give it a wonderful, unique flavor. I have used this recipe for the past 30+ years and they have always turned out perfect. If you want to get fancy, top with ½ candied cherry or pecan half (that's about as fancy as I get) Can also top with raisins for a smiley face.
A TNT recipe.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes about 4 dozen good size cookies.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup oleo
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Cream together sugar, shortening and oleo.
- Add vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and soda.
- Mix in dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk.
- Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased pan.
- Sprinkle lightly with white sugar or cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes or until golden color.