Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Adapted from the 1956 Betty Crocker cookbook
- Serves 6.
- 3 cups soft bread cubes, use 4 cups for a firmer pudding
- 2 cups milk scalded with ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
- ½ cup seedless raisins
- Add bread cubes to a greased 1½-quart baking dish.
- Whisk together milk, butter, sugar, eggs, salt and cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Add raisins.
- Pour over bread cubes and gently combine.
- Place in a pan of hot water.
- Bake at 350 °F for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Chocolate: Add ½ cup chocolate chips instead of raisins. Omit the spices. (Cinnamon does taste good with this variation though I have tried it).
- Butterscotch: Use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar.
- You can use non-fat dry milk in place of regular milk. If you do this, whisk together the milk and water to make 2 cups. Add the butter. Heat until steaming in a microwave-safe measuring cup in the microwave oven. Follow directions as given.