Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Recipe makes 3 cups (6 servings)
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten, or ¾-cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, salt and nutmeg.
- Slowly stir in milk and vanilla.
- Pour ½ cup custard into each of six 5-ounce custard cups.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Set filled custard cups in a shallow pan.
- Pour about 1 inch of hot water in the pan around custard cups.
- Bake on center rack of oven 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Serve hot, warm or chilled.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 82 | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 171mg | Carbohydrate: 8g | Fiber: 0mg | Sugars: 8g | Protein: 6g