- 10 cups of boiling water
- 4 tbsp chicken bouillon base
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 green onions, minced well
- ½ English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup ham or kohlbasa, chopped
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ½ cup celery, chopped fine
- salt, to taste
- fresh dill, chopped fine, to taste
- Add chicken bouillon base to boiling water, stir, set aside to cool to room temperature.
- While broth is cooling, prepare vegetables, eggs and ham.
- When broth is room temperature, add buttermilk and lemon juice, vegetables, eggs and ham.
- Stir well.
- Add salt and dill to taste.
- Soup is best served well chilled.