Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There are many ways to prepare it. It can be made with beef, chicken, shrimp, or oysters. No matter which you choose the preparation is quick and easy, and the end result is always delicious. If you substitute chicken, marinate the pieces in 3 tablespoons lemon juice for 1 hour before adding to the boiling water.
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound okra, ends cut off and sliced ½-inch thick
- ½ pound fresh tomatillos, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- ½ cup palm oil
- Place the shrimp, onion, salt, and red pepper flakes in 4 cups boiling water.
- When the water returns to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the shrimp are done, about 3 minutes.
- Add the okra, tomatillos, and the palm oil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.