Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 – 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 – 12 fresh okra cut into small pieces
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt to taste
- 2 cup water
- Sauté okra in hot oil, stirring until slightly softened.
- Add tomato paste, thyme and salt; cook and stir a minute or so.
- Blend in rice and water.
- Bring to a vigorous boil.
- Turn down heat as low as possible; cover saucepan and leave over low heat for 14 minutes.
- Turn off heat, but without removing lid, allow rice to steam for an additional 10 minutes.
- Never stir rice; keep lid on until served.