Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Victor Estate in Allen, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 2 medium white onions chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced okra
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 12 ounces chopped ham
- 14 ounce can tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup long grain rice uncooked
- 2 cups water
- Render bacon in a dutch oven until brown but not crisp.
- Stir in onion, pepper and okra then sauté until wilted.
- Add garlic and ham and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, cayenne, rice and water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.