Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups thinly sliced okra, fresh or frozen
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 16-ounce can tomatoes, well drained and chopped
- Saute okra and bacon until lightly browned.
- Add peppers and onion and continue cooking until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice, chicken broth and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stir once, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Add tomatoes, heat, and fluff lightly with fork.