Veggie pancakes. These patties may remind you of Tempura but are really quite different. Serve them with a nice spicy sauce or with soy sauce. Some like to put butter on them. It depends on your meal or if you are eating them as a snack. They are very tasty. The number of srvings will depend on how you are using them. They make excellent appetizers if you make tiny pancakes.
- ½ small green cabbage, shredded (approx. 3 – 4 cups, red, green or chinese)
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, minced
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour or white flour (you may need a bit more)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounces) can evaporated milk
- enough water, to make a batter
- ½ cup left over meat (optional) or chicken (optional) or (optional)
- Mix together the veggies.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients to form a smooth, pourable batter.
- Mix the veggies in the batter the mixture should be of a consistency that you can spoon the patties on to the skillet, if not,adjuster with either water or flour.
- On a heated sprayed with oil skillet drop spoonfuls of batter (approx. 3 tbsp per patty).
- Your heat should be medium.
- Brown well on one side flip and brown on the other.
- Serve hot or cold.