- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups Everclear® (preferably 190 proof)
- 1 1/2 cups Sam Adams Utopias®
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Cook Sugar over moderate heat in a heavy saucepan,stirring with a fork until melted and then swirling the pan until the Sugar is a deep golden caramel color.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add cream; the mixture will bubble up.
- Simmer the mixture and stir until caramel dissolves;add Everclear and Utopias.
- Add chocolate and salt,and cook over low heat, whisking,(i.e.,whipping the mixture with a wire whisk),until smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla.
- Ladel into mugs as is.