Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Uzbek home-style bread
- Yield: 6 flat loaves
- Combine 1 cup flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- Heat milk to hot (125°F to 130°F) in saucepan, then stir into flour.
- Add enough flour to make moderately stiff dough, two and a half to three cups.
- Knead 10 minutes.
- Let rise, covered in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 2 hours.
- Punch risen dough down and divide into 6 balls.
- On 3 lightly greased baking sheets, flatten balls with hands into round pizza shapes 7 or 8 inches in diameter and ¼ inch thick in center, with 1 inch wide raised edges about 1 inch thick.
- Using ice pick or head of brad, cover flat center of bread with decorative holes in concentric circles.
- Cover loaves in cloth and let stand 10 minutes.
- Brush loaves with beaten egg.
- Bake at 400°F until browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Each loaf contains (approx):
- 311 calories | 436mg sodium | 40mg cholesterol | 3g fat | 59g carbohydrates | 11g protein | 0.18g fiber