Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter at room temperature cut into small pieces
- 3 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and cut in the butter using a fork.
- Add cheese stirring just enough to incorporate.
- Beat egg and milk together and add to the flour mixture stirring as little as possible.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and pat down to a thickness of about 1½ inches.
- Cut into 2-inch rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes.