Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- one pound meat (beef, lamb, or goat) or chicken
- cayenne pepper or red pepper
- one cup palm oil, or any cooking oil
- two or three tomatoes, peeled (if desired) and chopped
- one chile pepper, cleaned and chopped
- one onion, finely chopped
- one-half cup ogbono, crushed
- two Maggi® cubes dissolved in water, or a spoonful
- one dozen okra pods, ends removed, whole or chopped
- one piece dried, salted, or smoked fish
- a large bunch spinach leaves
- Rub the meat with the cayenne pepper and let it stand for about an hour.
- In a large pot, bring a few cups of water to a boil. Add the meat and cook it for several minutes. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer.
- In a skillet, heat most of the oil and fry the tomato, chile pepper, and onion until they are tender.
- Add the fried vegetables and the Maggi® cube water to the meat. Cover and continue to simmer on low heat.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet, stir in the ogbono, and fry it for a few minutes, stirring constantly to form a smooth paste.
- Add the ogbono paste to the meat and vegetable mixture. Stir to avoid forming lumbs.
- Add the okra and dried fish, shrimp, or prawns (if desired). Cover and cook a few minutes more. Add water if needed to obtain the desired consistency.
- Add spinach leaves or other greens. Adjust seasoning. Cover and cook until all is tender.