Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cherries, Dried by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 48
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oats
- 1½ cups dried cherries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Beat margarine, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to egg mixture.
- Stir in oats, cherries, and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool 1 minute, then remove to wire racks to cool.
- Store in a tightly-covered container.