Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Pets Holistic Med Community
Pets Holistic Med is a community based on Holistic Pet Care Issues. Membership to the site is free. Also, feel free to participate in the Pet Holistic Forums, check out our free articles, web resources and our eBook.
Dr. Mayra Alfonso has published a Holistic Pet Care Guide exclusively available on this site. This manual is a must for pet owners. Be sure you know the facts about your pets health care options before damaging your pets health and well being with dangerous and risky treatments!
- Makes approximately 2¼ pounds
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal
- 1½ cup hot water or meat juices
- 4 oz (1 cup) grated cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup wheat germ
- ¼ cup margarine
- ½ cup powdered milk
- ¼ tablespoon salt
- 1 cups cornmeal
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- In large bowl pour hot water over oatmeal and margarine: let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in powdered milk, grated cheese, salt and egg.
- Add cornmeal and wheat germ.
- Mix well.
- Add flour, ⅓ cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Knead 3 or 4 minutes, adding more flour if necessary to make a very stiff dough.
- Pat or roll dough to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut into bone-shaped biscuits and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour at 300°F.
- Turn off heat and leave in oven for 1½ hours or longer.
- Store in an airtight container.