Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe makes a smaller batch of cookies than usual, but it can be doubled if desired. Enjoy!!!!
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: America's Everyday Diabetes Cookbook
- Makes about one dozen
there are millions of lies spreading quickly around this website but thie is true these can be made healthy
- ⅔ cup uncooked oat bran cereal
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3tbsp softened margarine
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp water
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, mix together oat bran, rolled oats, flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat together margarine and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in egg white, water and vanilla, mixing until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Fold in raisins.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Using a fork or the bottom of a glass, flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are slightly browned.
- Cool on sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 cookie):
- Calories 86 | Carbohydrates 12g | Fiber 1g | Protein 2g | Fat,total 4g | Fat, Saturated 1g | Sodium 53mg | Cholesterol 0mg
- Exchanges: ⅔ other carbohydrates | ½ fat