Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny via World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1½ pounds (4 to 5 medium) potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- Place potatoes in large saucepan.
- Cover with cold water.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain; reserve.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper; cook until bubbly.
- Add milk; stir well.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Combine potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, onion, salt, and pepper in lightly greased 1½ quart casserole.
- Add white sauce; blend lightly with spatula.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add bread crumbs; mix well.
- Sprinkle buttered crumbs over casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.