Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lb lean oxtails, jointed
- ½ lb pres soaked dry beans, split peas or lentils
- 2 small onions
- salt to taste
- 2 or 3 medium carrots
- ½ bunch chives
- 2sprigs thyme
- 1 whole hot pepper (scotch bonnet )
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic
- In a large saucepan put meat, carrots, soaked peas or beans with water to cover ingredients.
- Cook until meat and beans or peas are tender.
- Skim off fat and add more water to make required quantity of soup.
- Add all ingredients and simmer until soup has a mellow taste.
- Remove hot pepper before it bursts. Discard pepper or eat it on the side if you dare!
- Correct seasoning and if desired, add sherry before serving hot.