Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Korean Cucumber Pickle
- Yield: 4 servings
- 6 cucumbers
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 scallions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ tsp dried ground chili peppers
- ⅛ tsp powdered ginger
- ½ tsp chopped candied ginger (optional)
- ⅔ cup water
- Scrub the cucumbers thoroughly.
- Cut in half lengthwise, then cut into pieces ½ inch thick.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of the salt and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Wash and drain the cucumbers.
- Chop the scallion coarsely.
- Add the garlic, chili peppers, ginger, and remaining salt.
- Combine these ingredients with the cucumbers and place in a bowl.
- Add the water and stir.
- Cover and place in a warm spot.
- Marinate for at least 48 hours, although if the weather is cool it will sometimes take several days longer to become pickled.
- In order to prevent the pickle odor from spreading, either place in a secluded spot or cover well with several layers of cloth.
- Chill and serve cold as a relish.