For this orange-flavored cake, you top it with a brown sugar glaze. It adds the right touch.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 16 servings.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (14 squares) finely crushed graham crackers or graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- In large bowl, add flour, graham crackers, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, butter, orange juice, orange peel, and eggs.
- Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- By hand, stir in 1 cup nuts.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool upright in pan 15 minutes; overturn onto serving plate.
- Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- In small saucepan, add the glaze brown sugar, milk and butter.
- Over low heat, cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake; sprinkle with ¼ cup nuts.