Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For this orange-flavored cake, you top it with a brown sugar glaze. It adds the right touch.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 16 servings.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (14 squares) finely crushed graham crackers or graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 12-cup bundt pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- In large bowl, add flour, graham crackers, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, butter, orange juice, orange peel, and eggs.
- Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes.
- By hand, stir in 1 cup nuts.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool upright in pan 15 minutes; overturn onto serving plate.
- Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- In small saucepan, add the glaze brown sugar, milk and butter.
- Over low heat, cook until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in powdered sugar and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake; sprinkle with ¼ cup nuts.