Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup soft butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 cups pared diced apples
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add egg and beat until fluffy.
- Mix baking soda and warm water.
- Add to creamed mixture the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking soda.
- Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Put in well greased 9 inch pie pan.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for 35 – 40 minutes.