Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C /350°F / gas mark 4.
- cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Sieve together the flour and bicarb.
- Fold in half the amount of flour.
- Add the nutmeg.
- Pour over the cider and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the remaining flour.
- Pour the mixture into a greased tin or individual ramekins.
- Place into the pre-heated oven for around 35 – 40 minutes.
- Leave to cook before cutting and serving.
- Meanwhile make the Jamaican apples.
- Place the sugar and butter into a pan and heat until golden brown.
- Add the apples, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Add the cider and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add the raisins and any soak liquor, keep to the boil.
- Add the double cream, bring rapidly back to the boil.
- Stir well.
- Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Serve with the cake.