Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(from my Grandmother's collection) Date on card is 1910.
It also indicates on the card that it was from the Vegetarian Cook Book: Substitutes for Flesh Foods
- 1 large raw potato
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1-1/2 cup bread cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- One pint strained tomatoes
- Grind the walnut meats, Onion and raw Potato through a vegetable mill and mix with hot water, bread cubes, eggs, butter and salt.
- Make a layer in the center of a granite pan, and pour over the hot strained tomatoes.
- Bake in a medium oven uncovered for 45 minutes, basting occasionally with the tomato.
- Cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.