(from my Grandmother's collection) Date on card is 1910.
It also indicates on the card that it was from the Vegetarian Cook Book: Substitutes for Flesh Foods
- 1 large raw potato
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1-1/2 cup bread cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- One pint strained tomatoes
- Grind the walnut meats, Onion and raw Potato through a vegetable mill and mix with hot water, bread cubes, eggs, butter and salt.
- Make a layer in the center of a granite pan, and pour over the hot strained tomatoes.
- Bake in a medium oven uncovered for 45 minutes, basting occasionally with the tomato.
- Cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.