Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- This recipe yields about 1 cup of vinaigrette.
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots; (about 2)
- ½ teaspoon grated orange peel
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place pine nuts on small cookie sheet.
- Toast until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, shallot and orange peel in bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in pine nuts.
- Transfer to cruet and seal. (can be prepared up to 4 days ahead; refrigerate)
- Serve at room temperature.