Soft little nut pastries—perfect for the holidays. These are a sour-cream version of traditional Rugelach.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies.
- ½ lb (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg, divided
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup ground walnuts or pecans
- Cut together flour and butter to make small crumbs
- Add egg yolk and sour cream; work into a dough
- Dust with flour, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 4 sections. Roll each section into a 10 inch circle. Cut into 12 pie wedges.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
- Sprinkle nut mixture on each wedge. Roll up starting at the wide end.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and brush with beaten egg white
- Bake at 375 °F for 15–20 minutes or until lightly browned.