- In a small, heavy saucepan, bring the butter to bubbling over medium heat and stir in the fine semolina.
- Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and let stand overnight at room temperature.
- The next day, uncover and add 2 teaspoons orange flower water, the salt, and gradually the warm water, working with your fingers to make a firm dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes, then cover and let rest 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the pistachios, sugar, and ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Break off pieces of dough slightly larger in size than a walnut.
- Work in your fingers to form a ball.
- Press the center with your thumb to make a large well and fill with 1 teaspoon of the nut mixture, then cover over with dough and shape into an oval.
- Set on a cookie sheet and continue until all pastries are shaped.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350°F) for 30 to 35 minutes or until the yellow color has become a light, not a deep, chestnut.
- Remove to racks and cool for 10 minutes, then dip quickly into orange flower water and roll in confectioners' sugar.
- Cool before storing.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.