I enclose a recipe for Nuoc Mam Gung, a Thai sauce which can be used for dipping or as a kind of salad dressing (in small amounts; it's HOT!). At home we often have it with prawns grilled with garlic and chilis and a salad made from lettuce, finely sliced onion and coriander (cilantro in the States?). Nuoc Mam Gung.
- 1 piece ginger, peeled (5 cm piece)
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 birds eye chilis
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lime, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons nam pla (fish sauce, available from oriental supermarkets)
- Put the lot in a food processor and whizz until liquid.
- Taste, and add more lime/Nam Pla if you think it needs it.