This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds mussels
- 2 tablespoons cold butter cubed
- 1 tablespoon bottled chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ cup white wine
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- Lay a sheet of heavy duty foil on counter horizontally.
- Lay another sheet of foil the same length on top vertically.
- Scrub mussels and remove beards. Discard any mussels that are open.
- Place mussels in center of foil. Scatter butter over top along with garlic and dill weed. Partially bring sides of foil up around mussels forming a bowl. Drizzle wine over the top.
- Bring edges of foil together. Fold and seal tightly forming a loose packet that allows room for mussels to open.
- Place packet on grill. Barbecue with lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Remove packet to a heatproof surface.
- Carefully open foil then pour mussels and sauce into a large bowl.
- Discard any closed mussels.