Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Wadley Estate in Allen, Texas in 1990.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds mussels
- 2 tablespoons cold butter cubed
- 1 tablespoon bottled chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ cup white wine
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- Lay a sheet of heavy duty foil on counter horizontally.
- Lay another sheet of foil the same length on top vertically.
- Scrub mussels and remove beards. Discard any mussels that are open.
- Place mussels in center of foil. Scatter butter over top along with garlic and dill weed. Partially bring sides of foil up around mussels forming a bowl. Drizzle wine over the top.
- Bring edges of foil together. Fold and seal tightly forming a loose packet that allows room for mussels to open.
- Place packet on grill. Barbecue with lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Remove packet to a heatproof surface.
- Carefully open foil then pour mussels and sauce into a large bowl.
- Discard any closed mussels.